1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 16-oz can fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
¾ cup biscuit mix
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix cornstarch and cinnamon in saucepan. Stir in a little of the liquid from the fruit until smooth. Stir in remaining liquid and fruit.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 4 minutes.
4. Pour into a 1-quart casserole dish.
5. Stir biscuit mix and sugar together. Stir in water until dry ingredients are barely moistened. Spread on top of fruit mixture.
6. Bake until top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes.