Six approaches to preventing damage in future floods:
- Elevate the building - provides the best on-site protection
- Stop floodwater in the yard with levees or floodwalls - prevents pressure and debris impacts on your walls
- Stop floodwater at the wall by sealing the building (this technique is more appropriate for non-residential buildings.
- Stop sewer backup - you'll need to do this if you use barriers, dry floodproofing or wet floodproofing
- Raise appliances and utilities - a wet floodproofing technique.
- Use finishing materials that water won't hurt.- a wet floodproofing technique
Flood protection videos
These videos were produced in VHS format and converted to digital wave files. The WMV files can be downloaded or played from the web.