[Image: Praline chicken]Ingredients:
2 teaspoons creole seasoning, low sodium blend
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Sprinkle the creole seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet to medium heat.
3. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
4. Remove from the skillet and put on a serving platter; keep warm.
5. In the reserved drippings in the skillet, add the syrup and sugar; bring to a boil.
6. Stir in pecans and cook 1 minute or until heated through.
7. Spoon mixture over chicken.
8. Serve over rice or pasta.
Yield: 6 Servings (Approximately 1 cup per serving)
Recipe Provided By: Quincy L. Cheek, M. Ed
LSU AgCenter Family & Consumer Sciences - Nutrition