News Release Distributed 01/14/14
ST. JOSEPH, La. – The LSU AgCenter will hold three precision agriculture workshops in early February.
Precision ag agents Dennis Burns and R.L. Frazier will conduct the workshops, which will cover several topics and include a round-table discussion with participants to get their thoughts and ideas about precision ag.
The meetings, which will run from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., will be held Feb. 3 at the Scott Center, Macon Ridge Research Station in Winnsboro, Feb. 10 at the Dean Lee Research Station in Alexandria, and Feb. 11 at the Red River Research Station in Shreveport.
Topics for the meetings will include:
– Yield maps – what are they telling me?
– Veris electrical conductivity soil texture data – grid vs. zone soil sampling.
– Verification strips and on-farm trials.
– Data management – what do I do with it.
– Round-table discussion – getting the most out of my equipment.
More information is available from LSU AgCenter agent Dennis Burns at 318-766-3320, 318-267-6709 (cell) or by email or R.L. Frazier at 318-267-6714 (cell) or by email. Rick Bogren